Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wikipedia Changed My Post!

So I checked back to the Wikipedia post I previously changed regarding the TKTs booth in Times Square.  Someone deleted everything I wrote!  How rude!  It is actually pretty funny to me that it got deleted so fast.  Some people take Wikipedia very seriously, I guess.

To see what I wrote in Wikipedia before, refer back to my old post What's That Big Red Thing In The Middle of Times Sq?



What the post says as of today:  "New York City's TKTS (pronounced phonetically "tee kay tee ess") first opened in 1973 and is operated by the Theatre Development Fund. There are three locations: one in Duffy Square (at W 47th Street and Broadway, the north end of Times Square); another in Downtown Brooklyn (Jay St. and Myrtle St. Promenade); and a third at the South Street Seaport in Lower Manhattan (replacing the office formerly located in the lobby of the World Trade Center, which was destroyed in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks).[1] The Seaport location has been temporarily closed after sustaining damage from Hurricane Sandy in the fall of 2012. The Times Square booth sells day-of-performance tickets only at a discounted price. Availability can vary, and some shows may not be available".

So since someone changed my post, I decided to change it again!  It's kind of fun to change postings on Wikipedia.  They don't necessearily have to be true or factual, which is the exact reason why teachers always tell you, Wikipedia is NOT a good source!  These postings are done by anyone and can be edited at any given time.  I didn't think what I wrote on Wikipedia was that bad, but apparently someone didn't like it.  Let's see how long my new posting will last ;]

New post as of today:  "The Times Square TKTs booth only sells day-of-performance tickets at discounted prices. After standing in line for what can be hours, ticket availability is always limited. Shows may not be available, especially the popular ones. Once you get to the window of the TKT booth, you must decide very quickly which show you want to see, as the people that work there have no patience and nor do the people behind you. To do this, there are electronic signs that tell you what is avaialble at that time, which speeds the process up. If you don't have a preference of which show to see, the TKT booth is your best option. It's always a toss-up. Good luck!"

I purposely wrote something silly to see how fast this posting gets changed on Wikipedia.  I give it a week before someone deletes my post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment